Lund, Sweden – November 3, 2020
Dear art and art photography friend
US election evening! Whether Trump or Biden wins doesn’t matter that much. All Empires and militarism have declined and fallen. The US will too, and it will likely be history’s last empire.
To make the world a more humane and creative place, we need to pull together and make Peaceful Coexistence Great Again. As the Danish global thinker, designer and philosopher, Piet Hein, once expressed it: It is co-existence or no-existence.
While you wait for the outcome and the ensuing chaos, you may enjoy my works from some of the countries the United States insists are its enemies – another way of saying “enemy images”:
From China – “Eclecticism” (2020)
From Iran – “Mother And Child At Mosque” (2012)
From Syria – my unique documentary photography from the liberation of Eastern Aleppo in December 2016
– painful destruction and also human hope. These unique series have been seen by 175 000 people but never published by the Western mainstream media I offered them to.
Look ahead! … The UN sustainability goals! The global environment! The militarism, nukes and warfare! The Corona! … We must see friends and not see enemies all around and all the time. Wall-building belongs to the past, bridge-building to the future.
In the larger scheme of things, the two presidential candidates offer woefully little hope. That’s a tragedy for the US itself, for the West which has made itself dependent on it – and for those of us who grew up with a boundless admiration for the US and its cultural creativity.
• Oberg PhotoGraphics is working to adapt to the new online times with exhibitions tours and various videos.
• The SPAR – Silk Peace Art Road Installation exhibit in my studio is now down. But see it here on my Vimeo Channel.
• A new exhibition with mixed images and media will eventually be opened – online and for visitors by appointment.
• The updated homepage is easier to navigate, has a new changing front page and all images can now be enlarged so you can check the details.
• And there is a new section with my documentary photography.
• OBS! And I have a new e-mail address: email@example.com
I welcome visitors to my studio here in Lund – max 5 at a time.
Please contact me anytime on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone me at +46 (0)738 525200.
If you missed PostArt # 88 just click here.